Hi! I’m back!!!
Today’s Lipstick Tuesday post is all about the limited edition NARS x SARAH MOON Mind Game Velvet Lip Glide Set.
**Currently sold out on Sephora.com**
The set contains six colors one nude (flattering for all skin tones), 3 berries, 2 red shades. Of the six shades, 3 are cult classics and 3 are limited editions.
The only gripe about this set is that the berries and reds look very similar. Honestly, it took a bit to tell the difference between No. 675 and Unspeakable. Same for Chez Claude and Plato’s.
Despite what the reviews say it DOESN’T have a gloss finish. Some reviews I read on Sephora.com claims that these lip glides have a glossy finish when in fact, they do not.
- It truly is a semi-matte finish and it truly feels like velvet on the lips.
- It kind of stains the lips after a few hours.
- Most likely would need to be reapplied throughout the day (if you want to)
- Definitely made my lips feel very soft and hydrated.
Overall, I like the set, the color stained my lips as the actual product wore off. It also left my lips feeling buttery soft, even after the color faded.
Like I said, this is NOT a lip stain, just a matte lip gloss (if that makes any sense lol).
Check out the pics down below!
First set is full face with flash!
How do you all feel about this mini set? Do you love it? Would you buy it? Do you think NARS could have done a better job?
Let me know in the comment section!
Until next time babes!
I know it has been a long while since my last post but I have been feeling uninspired among other things. Other things being related to
- My main job closing in a few months and the rush to get everything finished and completed before time is up.
- My son being completely just attached to me. Not that I don’t love it but it gets hard to take pictures (with my DSLR camera), type posts, and even work on my cosmetics brand without him just wanting to play. Therefore I am either up really late or just going to sleep out of exhaustion. (Though foods seems to occupy him so I was able to get out this post, barely lol)
I feel that in order to keep the blog somewhat active, I will start posting looks of the day randomly throughout the week since those will be way easier to do. Hopefully after the holiday season and work has slowed down a bit, I can work on more in-depth content, like I did before (I miss Lipstick Tuesday too!!)
Well with that said, thanks for those who stuck around, thanks to all the new and current followers, you guys are awesome!
So here is my Face of the Day
Primed my face with a combination of Becca ever matte poreless primer and Kat Von D beauty Lock-it primer.
After priming, I sprayed the Sephora Collection Perfection mist airbrush foundation (shade Deep) across my cheeks, forehead, and chin (be care to not get it in my hair). With a damp Beauty Blender, I applied Kat Von D Beauty Lock-It foundation (shade D81) with the perfection mist and blended it all over.
After the eyes were complete, I used L.A. Girl Pro Conceal – HD Concealer (shades toffee + fawn) blended out with my Beauty Blender to highlight (undereye, nose, chin, and forehead). Also with the slightly dampened Beauty Blender, I used Dermablend translucent powder to set all the highlighted areas. Then I used a velour puff with the translucent powder to lightly set my whole face.
Before I actually apply shimmer highlight and blush, I set my face using Make Up For Ever Mist + Fix Spray and patted my face down with the Beauty Blender again.
Applied NARS blush (Guoule) to cheeks. Diorskin nude shimmer brick to tops of cheeks, bridge of nose, chin, and between brows. Used Guerlain Terracotta bronzer (8 Ebony) to slightly contour the face.
To finish off my face I sprayed Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying Makeup Setting Spray all over the face. Let dry naturally.
From there I applied Smashbox photo finish 24 eyeshadow primer to my lids and used Benefit Cosmetics Goof-Proof brow pencil (shade 5) to slightly fill in my brows.
Everything used on the eyes except the mascara, lashes, and one liner are by Kat Von D Beauty
- Shadows are from Star Studded eyeshadow book: Moz was used all over the eye as a base shade | Heaven Knows was applied to the inner 2/3 of the lid | Smiths was applied to the inner crease | Leather was applied to the outer crease, outside V area for depth. Also used Estrella + Starflyer on the bottom lash line to slightly smoke out the liners.
- Top liner: Lightning Liner (Bach) | Ink liner (Nerdum)
- Bottom liner: Autograph pencil liner (immortal love + puro amor) | Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Crayon (Navy Noir)
- Lashes: Red Cherry lashes (#46 double stacked to make look thicker) | House of Lashes lash glue
- Mascara: Make Up For Ever excessive lash mascara (Honestly I rarely use mascara when wearing false lashes but figured I’d try it this round. Didn’t totally dig the result.)
Burberry Burberry Kisses Hydrating Lip Colour (No. 85 – Sepia) topped with Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick (No. 59 – Melon D’Or)
All photos taken with iPhone 6 plus front cam in natural light.
And that’s it! Honestly, this face was pretty quick about 45 minutes (it was actually longer, but I am taking out the times my son kept asking for stuff!)
Let me know what you think in the comments below!!
Hey everyone! I’m back showcasing one of the four looks that is currently trending at Sephora
First look that I chose is the smudge and smolder which pretty much is an intense smoky eye, lots of smudged out liner, I did a full eye with some color but focused on the liner as much as I could.
Here are the details:
- Giorgio Armani maestro foundation (11.5)
- Smashbox liqud halo foundation (10)
- Sephora collection colorful blush (flirt it up)
- Sephora collection bright future gel serum concealer (16 pot-de-creme)
- Kat Von D ‘medusa’ shadow as highlight
- NARS bronzer (casino)
- NARS concealer (amande)
- Kat Von D Serpentina palette shadows in ‘medusa’ ‘ankh’ ‘bloodmilk’ ‘scarab’ and loose pigment ‘prophet’
- NARS eye paint (snake eyes)
- Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liner (perversion)
- Make Up For Ever excessive lash mascara
- Benefit cosmetics ka-brow creme (5)
- Urban Decay vice lipstick (conspiracy)
Hope you guys like this look! Stay tuned to see looks featuring Chunky Glitter, Metallic Shades, and Chaotic Lashes!!
Until next time loves!!
Hey, hey, hey!!! Back with another lip review but this time it’s another gloss. Typically I don’t wear to many lip glosses but I actually happen to like this one. I got this particular lip gloss in gratis from Sephora because our store got rid of them but they are still available online.
Dior Rouge Brillant Lipgloss
I got the color 999 (classic Dior red). It has a high shine finish and looks great with an everyday look or even a night on the town.
The gloss isn’t sticky at all and doesn’t make my hair stick to my lips like some of my other lipglosses might do. This gloss closely resembles a liquid lip balm (according to Dior). It has a pen like applicator to disperse the close with precision and ease.
The Dior Rouge Brillant Lipgloss retails for $35 (USD) at Sephora.
Overall I love this gloss and I would order in online in other colors.
Until next time,
Hey I am back with the 6th installment of my skin care favorites series (bare with me just one more group left!!)
As always if you want a quick run down of the series, check out the main post here.
So there has been an update in regards to my favorite moisturizers. For a while, I was using Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream until I started to realize it was breaking me out, terrible. What I didn’t know was that the main ingredient was Rose Hips oil, which I am terrible sensitive too. So I cropped it out of the photo. I did receive a new moisturizer from Philosophy in which I will discuss in another post.
First up as my favorite is the Lancôme Énergie De Vie The Light Lotion-in-Oil available at Sephora
- Hydrates and mattes the skin.
- Super light, gel in texture.
- When used after the Énergie De Vie cleansing oil, it provides extra hydration and softness to the skin.
- There are two different kinds, one for dull skin (Dullness Relief & Energy Recharge Daily Lotion) and (Daily Aqua-Gel, which I think is similar to the light lotion in oil)
Next up is Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream available at Sephora
- It is my favorite!!
- Super, lightweight cream that gives a cooling sensation to the skin.
- Perfect for normal, combination, dry and sensitive skin.
- Contains two forms of hyaluronic acid and tamarind extract to help plumb and hydrate the skin. Papaya enzyme to smooth and exfoliate. Alpha-arbutin and giant white bird of paradise extract to help brighten hyperpigmentation spots and illuminate the complexion.
- Can be used a few different ways
- On top of makeup to seal in hydration and radiance
- To increase brightness, layer on top of Good Genes
- To increase hydration, use on top of Luna Sleeping night oil
Next is Ole Henriksen Sheer Moisturizer available at Sephora
- An oil-free moisturizer thats good for normal, combination, and dry skin. Though I have oily skin myself, I find it works well on my skin.
- Contains a multi-fruit AHA complex to help even the skin tone and smooth out the skins texture.
- Vitamin C to brighten, boost collagen, and firms the skin. Also provides antioxidant protection from the enviornmental damage.
- Licorice to naturally lighten dark spots and discoloration
- Pea extract and sugar to correct and prevent hyperpigmentation
- Chamomile to calm and condition the skin.
Finally is Tatcha Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream available at Sephora and Tatcha wesbite.
- Good for normal, combination, and dry skin types.
- Super lightweight, gel cream that literally feels like silk on the face.
- Infused with an antiaging complex of green tea extract, for antioxidant protection, Okinawa red algae extract for moisture retention and texture, and Japanese rice bran extract, a multi-tasking ingredient focused on providing antioxidant and nourishing moisturizing benefts.
So this concludes my favorite moisturizers at the moment. Stay tune to read my final entry to my Skin Care Favorite series, eye creams!
Until next time,
Hey everyone I am back with another look featuring the new Modern Renaissance Palette from Anastaisa Beverly Hills and Lancôme Juicy Shakers lip gloss (there will be a future Lipstick Tuesday post about this one).
- Esteè Lauder double wear foundation in Sandalwood (6W1)
- NARS radiant creamy concealer in Amande + Caramel
- NARS blush in Goulue
- Guerlain terracotta bronzer in ebony (8)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills modern renaissance palette shadows in ‘warm taupe’ ‘golden ochre’ ‘love letter’ ‘regalar’ ‘cyprus umber’ ‘Tempera’ ‘Vermeer’
- Kat Von D Beauty tattoo liner ‘trooper’
- Sephora Collection kohl liner in ‘deep brown’
- Red Cherry Lashes in ‘227’
- Lancôme Sourclis Tint – Longwear Eyebrow Pen Ultra-Precise in ‘Noir (04)’
- Lancôme Juicy Shaker in ‘Berry in Love’
Hopefully soon, I will some video tutorials up, even if they are a quick minute or two.
Hope you like it!!
Until next time,
I am back with another lipstick swatch and this time I picked up the brand new
Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick
Of all the shades available, one called out to me in particular, the color ‘Out Loud’. It is by far the most perfect burnt orange lipstick I have ever seen before in life. Now, typically for my liquid lips I am all about my Kat Von D Beauty but this comes in a close second in terms of formula and staying power. I say second because typically with my KVD Beauty liquid lips, I barely leave any residue behind (like on cans, straws, etc.) but with the Smashbox Always On Matte, I left lip prints here and there.
One thing I can say is as it dried down in color, it got deeper in color which made me love it even more.
Right now, you can pick up the Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick at Sephora for $24 (USD)
And there are the swatches (there may be a post on this look later today, keep a look out!!)
Here are photos of my lips after wearing it for a few hours,
Ok, so the photos above where taken later in the day with a different camera. The color has faded but still remains true to its deep orange hue.
All in all, I love the lipstick, the color, the formula and even the applicator. That pointed doe foot applicator will make sure you can apply the lips simply and evenly.
Have you tried this new liquid lip yet? If so do you like it? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time babes!!