I know it has been a long while since my last post but I have been feeling uninspired among other things. Other things being related to
- My main job closing in a few months and the rush to get everything finished and completed before time is up.
- My son being completely just attached to me. Not that I don’t love it but it gets hard to take pictures (with my DSLR camera), type posts, and even work on my cosmetics brand without him just wanting to play. Therefore I am either up really late or just going to sleep out of exhaustion. (Though foods seems to occupy him so I was able to get out this post, barely lol)
I feel that in order to keep the blog somewhat active, I will start posting looks of the day randomly throughout the week since those will be way easier to do. Hopefully after the holiday season and work has slowed down a bit, I can work on more in-depth content, like I did before (I miss Lipstick Tuesday too!!)
Well with that said, thanks for those who stuck around, thanks to all the new and current followers, you guys are awesome!
So here is my Face of the Day
Primed my face with a combination of Becca ever matte poreless primer and Kat Von D beauty Lock-it primer.
After priming, I sprayed the Sephora Collection Perfection mist airbrush foundation (shade Deep) across my cheeks, forehead, and chin (be care to not get it in my hair). With a damp Beauty Blender, I applied Kat Von D Beauty Lock-It foundation (shade D81) with the perfection mist and blended it all over.
After the eyes were complete, I used L.A. Girl Pro Conceal – HD Concealer (shades toffee + fawn) blended out with my Beauty Blender to highlight (undereye, nose, chin, and forehead). Also with the slightly dampened Beauty Blender, I used Dermablend translucent powder to set all the highlighted areas. Then I used a velour puff with the translucent powder to lightly set my whole face.
Before I actually apply shimmer highlight and blush, I set my face using Make Up For Ever Mist + Fix Spray and patted my face down with the Beauty Blender again.
Applied NARS blush (Guoule) to cheeks. Diorskin nude shimmer brick to tops of cheeks, bridge of nose, chin, and between brows. Used Guerlain Terracotta bronzer (8 Ebony) to slightly contour the face.
To finish off my face I sprayed Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying Makeup Setting Spray all over the face. Let dry naturally.
From there I applied Smashbox photo finish 24 eyeshadow primer to my lids and used Benefit Cosmetics Goof-Proof brow pencil (shade 5) to slightly fill in my brows.
Everything used on the eyes except the mascara, lashes, and one liner are by Kat Von D Beauty
- Shadows are from Star Studded eyeshadow book: Moz was used all over the eye as a base shade | Heaven Knows was applied to the inner 2/3 of the lid | Smiths was applied to the inner crease | Leather was applied to the outer crease, outside V area for depth. Also used Estrella + Starflyer on the bottom lash line to slightly smoke out the liners.
- Top liner: Lightning Liner (Bach) | Ink liner (Nerdum)
- Bottom liner: Autograph pencil liner (immortal love + puro amor) | Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Crayon (Navy Noir)
- Lashes: Red Cherry lashes (#46 double stacked to make look thicker) | House of Lashes lash glue
- Mascara: Make Up For Ever excessive lash mascara (Honestly I rarely use mascara when wearing false lashes but figured I’d try it this round. Didn’t totally dig the result.)
Burberry Burberry Kisses Hydrating Lip Colour (No. 85 – Sepia) topped with Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick (No. 59 – Melon D’Or)
All photos taken with iPhone 6 plus front cam in natural light.
And that’s it! Honestly, this face was pretty quick about 45 minutes (it was actually longer, but I am taking out the times my son kept asking for stuff!)
Let me know what you think in the comments below!!
Hey, hey, hey!!! Back with another lip review but this time it’s another gloss. Typically I don’t wear to many lip glosses but I actually happen to like this one. I got this particular lip gloss in gratis from Sephora because our store got rid of them but they are still available online.
Dior Rouge Brillant Lipgloss
I got the color 999 (classic Dior red). It has a high shine finish and looks great with an everyday look or even a night on the town.
The gloss isn’t sticky at all and doesn’t make my hair stick to my lips like some of my other lipglosses might do. This gloss closely resembles a liquid lip balm (according to Dior). It has a pen like applicator to disperse the close with precision and ease.
The Dior Rouge Brillant Lipgloss retails for $35 (USD) at Sephora.
Overall I love this gloss and I would order in online in other colors.
Until next time,
Hey I am back with the 6th installment of my skin care favorites series (bare with me just one more group left!!)
As always if you want a quick run down of the series, check out the main post here.
So there has been an update in regards to my favorite moisturizers. For a while, I was using Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream until I started to realize it was breaking me out, terrible. What I didn’t know was that the main ingredient was Rose Hips oil, which I am terrible sensitive too. So I cropped it out of the photo. I did receive a new moisturizer from Philosophy in which I will discuss in another post.
First up as my favorite is the Lancôme Énergie De Vie The Light Lotion-in-Oil available at Sephora
- Hydrates and mattes the skin.
- Super light, gel in texture.
- When used after the Énergie De Vie cleansing oil, it provides extra hydration and softness to the skin.
- There are two different kinds, one for dull skin (Dullness Relief & Energy Recharge Daily Lotion) and (Daily Aqua-Gel, which I think is similar to the light lotion in oil)
Next up is Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream available at Sephora
- It is my favorite!!
- Super, lightweight cream that gives a cooling sensation to the skin.
- Perfect for normal, combination, dry and sensitive skin.
- Contains two forms of hyaluronic acid and tamarind extract to help plumb and hydrate the skin. Papaya enzyme to smooth and exfoliate. Alpha-arbutin and giant white bird of paradise extract to help brighten hyperpigmentation spots and illuminate the complexion.
- Can be used a few different ways
- On top of makeup to seal in hydration and radiance
- To increase brightness, layer on top of Good Genes
- To increase hydration, use on top of Luna Sleeping night oil
Next is Ole Henriksen Sheer Moisturizer available at Sephora
- An oil-free moisturizer thats good for normal, combination, and dry skin. Though I have oily skin myself, I find it works well on my skin.
- Contains a multi-fruit AHA complex to help even the skin tone and smooth out the skins texture.
- Vitamin C to brighten, boost collagen, and firms the skin. Also provides antioxidant protection from the enviornmental damage.
- Licorice to naturally lighten dark spots and discoloration
- Pea extract and sugar to correct and prevent hyperpigmentation
- Chamomile to calm and condition the skin.
Finally is Tatcha Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream available at Sephora and Tatcha wesbite.
- Good for normal, combination, and dry skin types.
- Super lightweight, gel cream that literally feels like silk on the face.
- Infused with an antiaging complex of green tea extract, for antioxidant protection, Okinawa red algae extract for moisture retention and texture, and Japanese rice bran extract, a multi-tasking ingredient focused on providing antioxidant and nourishing moisturizing benefts.
So this concludes my favorite moisturizers at the moment. Stay tune to read my final entry to my Skin Care Favorite series, eye creams!
Until next time,
Hey there, I am back with part 5 of my skin care favorite series. If you want, you can check my first post here, that gives a general break down of what I like to use to cleanse, treat, moisturize, protect my eyes, and hydrate my face!
Surprisingly this post is going to be short because on a daily, I only use two beauty oils, I do have a few honorable mentions but they are oils that I use every once in while when I want to try something different.
First up is Sunday Riley | Luna Sleeping Night Oil ($105.00 (USD)) available at Sephora
- Great for all skin types and helps to provide a solution for skin firmness, pore size, and wrinkles.
- Please take caution: DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!! due to the retinoids, please do not use this if you are pregnant or during the day.
- Can be used in conjunction with Good Genes to double the benefits that each product has to offer.
- Contains Trans-retinoic Acid Ester helps transform the skin without the irritation of retinol; helps exfoliate and revitalize the skin to show smoother, younger-looking skin | Blue Tansy and German Chamomile gives the oil its rich blue color and helps calm and soothe the skin to reduce the appearance of redness | Chia Seed Oil rich in omega 3 and a powerful source of alpha-lipoic acid. Also contains Avocado oil, concord grape seed oil, blood orange oil, blackberry oil. Tons of botanicals.
- This oil has seriously changed my face for the better. So much smoother, clearer and this oil has seriously reduce the size of my pores over time. I know it is pricey but a little goes a long way. I’ve had my bottle for almost a year now and I still have a quarter of it left. Typically use this every other night and usually 3-4 drops and I use it along with Good Genes for the added benefits.
Second and lastly, Tatcha | Gold Camellia Beauty Oil ($95.00 for 1 oz. (USD)) available at Sephora and Tatcha website.
- Can be used for all skin types. Take home a sample to see if it will work for you if you are unsure.
- This light and rich oil can also be used on the body and in your hair.
- Contains actual 24k gold flakes to provide a luminous glow to the face.
- Also contains Cameilla japonica seed oil and squalene that deeply hydrate and moisturize the skin | rice and macadamia nut oils provide antioxidant protections | licorice root for anti-redness benefits.
- This smells so good, like a sweet flower but not overpowering at all though. I haven’t used it in my hair so I can’t say that I see a difference in using it in my hair or not.
- I typically use this oil on days when I am not using the Luna Oil or if I need extra hydration in the morning before I apply my makeup. I haven’t sucked up one of the gold flakes yet so I cannot say it actually adds luminosity to my face.
- Josie Maran | Argan Oil – this oil is amazing, I recevied a full bottle, had used about half of it before my son, filled it with water and hid it from me. I am in need of a new one just haven’t had the time to buy it yet.
- Tarte | Maracuja Oil – I got this oil, primary to use with my foundations so that my heaviest ones wouldn’t go on so thickly. Perfect for the winter, not so much for the summer.
Do you use a beauty oil? Which one? Would you ever consider trying a beauty oil? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,
Hey everyone I am back with yet another Lipstick Tuesday post. Last week when I received my Sephora gratis, I was given a sample of a new color from Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick collection (click here to see my first review on the lipstick collection itself and the color ‘Molasses’).
This time I received one of their newly released colors in ‘Kale’. I really wanted to swatch this against, ‘Blow’ from Melt Cosmetics but it dried up. Literally. But still I took pics of the lipstick because it is a super pretty deep green color. One of my co-workers said she felt like swamp thing in it, so I told her to use it for Halloween, lol!
Currently available at Sephora, retailing for $26.00 (USD)
On to the swatches (I got a tripod!! So I am able to use my Canon Rebel SL1 more. These swatches were taken with that!)
I went a step further and dabbed one of my favorite Urban Decay shadows (‘Lounge’) on top for a more metallic finish
Would you guys rock this bold lipstick? Let me know in the comments below!!
Until next time
Today I am going to change up how I present the lipstick swatches. I am going to show a before (bare lips), picture with the lipstick, and a photo of how I would typically wear the lipstick. Sometimes when I swatch something for you guys, that is not how I usually where it out the house. So now that is out of the way today I am present…
Burberry Lip Velvet lipstick in Nude Aprioct (No. 401)
I love, love this lipstick!
- It has a soft matte finish that doesn’t dry out the lips at all. The packaging is cute.
- Presented in a dark grey, matte square case with a magnetic closing. This ensures that the top isn’t going to come off if it is tossing around in your makeup bage.
- Color goes on pretty pigmently with one stroke.
- Paired with the right lip liner, this color is really women of color friendly.
This lipstick is available at Sephora (select stores and online) retails for $34.00 (USD)
Do you have any of the Burberry lipsticks? Do you love them? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time
I am back with a new Lipstick Tuesday post and this time I want to present my all time favorite matte red lipstick (seriously I’m on my third! tube of this) and it is the
Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in ‘Outlaw’
This red is an amazing red, it is vibrant and reminds me of a classic everyday red lipstick. The lipstick is classifed in color as being ‘brick red’ and I totally agree with this. I espeically love the formulation of KVD beauty liquid lipstick because it isn’t too drying, it stays in place (for the most part, doesn’t rub off when I’m eating or drinking but kissing hmmm, might be some smuding lol but only with this color.)
(I look exhausted in these photos, forgive me!)
Do you own this color? Do you love it? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time!!