Hi! I’m back!!!
Today’s Lipstick Tuesday post is all about the limited edition NARS x SARAH MOON Mind Game Velvet Lip Glide Set.
**Currently sold out on Sephora.com**
The set contains six colors one nude (flattering for all skin tones), 3 berries, 2 red shades. Of the six shades, 3 are cult classics and 3 are limited editions.
The only gripe about this set is that the berries and reds look very similar. Honestly, it took a bit to tell the difference between No. 675 and Unspeakable. Same for Chez Claude and Plato’s.
Despite what the reviews say it DOESN’T have a gloss finish. Some reviews I read on Sephora.com claims that these lip glides have a glossy finish when in fact, they do not.
- It truly is a semi-matte finish and it truly feels like velvet on the lips.
- It kind of stains the lips after a few hours.
- Most likely would need to be reapplied throughout the day (if you want to)
- Definitely made my lips feel very soft and hydrated.
Overall, I like the set, the color stained my lips as the actual product wore off. It also left my lips feeling buttery soft, even after the color faded.
Like I said, this is NOT a lip stain, just a matte lip gloss (if that makes any sense lol).
Check out the pics down below!
First set is full face with flash!
How do you all feel about this mini set? Do you love it? Would you buy it? Do you think NARS could have done a better job?
Let me know in the comment section!
Until next time babes!
I am back, it has been too long but I have recently got some new goodies to start up my freelancing within the next year.
So first thing I bought is the Ben Nye matte HD foundation palette of olive-brown skin. They also offer it in an essential palette (color range from fair to light, ordered also will discuss in a separate post once I receive it!)
- I purchased this from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $60.00 (USD). Click here to see the site
- Fast 3 day shipping (for $2.00)
- This palette is refillable and they retail for $8.00 (USD) a pieces
- Product size of each pot is .14 oz/ 4gm
- The product comes in a silver tin, has a thick plastic sheet that goes on top of the foundation, plus a foam piece that goes on top of the plastic sheet so the founation is constantly protected.
- Coverage can range from full to sheer depending on application method.
- Great for combination and oily skin. Dry skin users can use this palette as along as they use a hydrating moisturizer and primer.
As you see from the swatches, this will work on those who have olive undertones and women of color with golden undertones also.
I have tested this foundation out for myself and I absolutely love it. It lasted all day, I did have to touch up because I have really oily skin but it lasted all the way until 1:30 am when I got off work. I received tons of compliments on this foundations and it photographs amazingly!
Ben Nye offers this foundation in a bigger size, 0.5oz/14gm, yielding 35-60 applications for $12.00 a piece. 86 shades. Literally from the fairest of skin to the deepest of skin. They have available. Check it out here. Also you can order samples from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $2.99 (USD) if you are unsure of what shade you would be. To see the samples click here
Here is a look I did using the Ben Nye Olive-Brown Matte HD palette
See how amazing this is!!!!
Face: Coca Sorbet + Mojave Bronze
Highlight: Golden Spice
Contour: Semi-Sweet + Espresso Bean
Let me know in the comments below what you think of this foundation palette! If you want more details on the look, let me know and I will do a whole post with the break down of everything I used for this look.
Until next time!!