I know it has been a long while since my last post but I have been feeling uninspired among other things. Other things being related to
- My main job closing in a few months and the rush to get everything finished and completed before time is up.
- My son being completely just attached to me. Not that I don’t love it but it gets hard to take pictures (with my DSLR camera), type posts, and even work on my cosmetics brand without him just wanting to play. Therefore I am either up really late or just going to sleep out of exhaustion. (Though foods seems to occupy him so I was able to get out this post, barely lol)
I feel that in order to keep the blog somewhat active, I will start posting looks of the day randomly throughout the week since those will be way easier to do. Hopefully after the holiday season and work has slowed down a bit, I can work on more in-depth content, like I did before (I miss Lipstick Tuesday too!!)
Well with that said, thanks for those who stuck around, thanks to all the new and current followers, you guys are awesome!
So here is my Face of the Day
Primed my face with a combination of Becca ever matte poreless primer and Kat Von D beauty Lock-it primer.
After priming, I sprayed the Sephora Collection Perfection mist airbrush foundation (shade Deep) across my cheeks, forehead, and chin (be care to not get it in my hair). With a damp Beauty Blender, I applied Kat Von D Beauty Lock-It foundation (shade D81) with the perfection mist and blended it all over.
After the eyes were complete, I used L.A. Girl Pro Conceal – HD Concealer (shades toffee + fawn) blended out with my Beauty Blender to highlight (undereye, nose, chin, and forehead). Also with the slightly dampened Beauty Blender, I used Dermablend translucent powder to set all the highlighted areas. Then I used a velour puff with the translucent powder to lightly set my whole face.
Before I actually apply shimmer highlight and blush, I set my face using Make Up For Ever Mist + Fix Spray and patted my face down with the Beauty Blender again.
Applied NARS blush (Guoule) to cheeks. Diorskin nude shimmer brick to tops of cheeks, bridge of nose, chin, and between brows. Used Guerlain Terracotta bronzer (8 Ebony) to slightly contour the face.
To finish off my face I sprayed Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying Makeup Setting Spray all over the face. Let dry naturally.
From there I applied Smashbox photo finish 24 eyeshadow primer to my lids and used Benefit Cosmetics Goof-Proof brow pencil (shade 5) to slightly fill in my brows.
Everything used on the eyes except the mascara, lashes, and one liner are by Kat Von D Beauty
- Shadows are from Star Studded eyeshadow book: Moz was used all over the eye as a base shade | Heaven Knows was applied to the inner 2/3 of the lid | Smiths was applied to the inner crease | Leather was applied to the outer crease, outside V area for depth. Also used Estrella + Starflyer on the bottom lash line to slightly smoke out the liners.
- Top liner: Lightning Liner (Bach) | Ink liner (Nerdum)
- Bottom liner: Autograph pencil liner (immortal love + puro amor) | Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Crayon (Navy Noir)
- Lashes: Red Cherry lashes (#46 double stacked to make look thicker) | House of Lashes lash glue
- Mascara: Make Up For Ever excessive lash mascara (Honestly I rarely use mascara when wearing false lashes but figured I’d try it this round. Didn’t totally dig the result.)
Burberry Burberry Kisses Hydrating Lip Colour (No. 85 – Sepia) topped with Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick (No. 59 – Melon D’Or)
All photos taken with iPhone 6 plus front cam in natural light.
And that’s it! Honestly, this face was pretty quick about 45 minutes (it was actually longer, but I am taking out the times my son kept asking for stuff!)
Let me know what you think in the comments below!!
Usually every Friday I do a no makeup makeup look because well I’m usually up until 2am from the night before (my typically Thursday night shift is 9:30p-1:30am) and with having to get up for work at 6am means not a lot of effort is gonna go into wearing a full face lol.
Face🙂 Josie Maran vibrancy foundation (RG80 – magical) | MAC studio fix powder (NW50 – to lightly set the face) | NARS concealer (amande + caramel) | Laura Mercier translucent powder (to set concealer)
Eyes🙂 Marc Jacobs velvet noir mascara
Brows🙂 Make Up For Ever pro sculpting brow pencil (30) | Benefit cosmetics goof proof brow pencil (5)
Lips🙂 Lancôme Juciy shaker lip gloss (Berry love) | Givenchy lip gloss (1)
Yeah so typically, this is my look for Fridays, weekends, and other days in which I want to look like I have gotten some sleep and not like a complete zombie lol.
Until next time,
Hey everyone! So I’ve decided that I am going to start posting random look of the days that I think are absolutely fantastic. And that I actually got some good pics of lol!
So for today I chose a fun glitter look because I finally got some glitter glue (thanks Too Faced!!) and because I attended an awesome master class by Make Up For Ever teaching us all about the textured eye!
- Marc Jacobs genius gel foundation (84 cocoa medium)
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay foundation (Deep Honey)
- Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhance (SX14)
- NARS blush (Goulue)
- Diorskin shimmer brick
- NARS velvet shadow stick in ‘sukhothai’
- Sugarpill shadow in ‘poison plum’
- Urban Decay shadow in ‘gravity’
- Kat Von D shadows in ‘succubus’ + ‘shax’ + ‘Ludwig’
- Wet n Wild mega sparkle confetti in ‘Lilac Frosting’
- Red Cherry Lashes in ‘1’
- Sephora collection kohl liner in ‘intense black’
- Make Up For Ever pro sculpting brow in ’30’
- Dior brow pencil in ‘brown’
- Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in ‘Lolita’
- Lancôme juicy shaker in ‘berry in love’
Hope you enjoy this look and if you like for me to try other looks let me know the im the comments below!!
Some pics were taken with my iPhone 6S and Canon rebel SL1
Until next time!!
Hey everyone!! In addition to my usual Lipstick Tuesday post, I’d share my look of the day.
This look came at me last minute, last night, right before I washed my face lol. I did a rough draft with some random glitters and shadows and really like how it was coming out.
So this is the result from this morning!! These were taken with a combination of back cam and front cam from my iPhone 6S in natural light.
Break down of everything:
- Primed face with Sunday Riley Good Genes treatment
- NARS All Day luminous foundation in ‘New Orleans’ mixed with Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour full coverage foundation in ‘Deep Honey’
- NARS radiant creamy concealer in ‘Amande’ + ‘Caramel’
- NARS bronzer in ‘casino’
- NARS blush in ‘Goulue’ (an exclusive Sephora VIB Rouge Only product)
- Sephora Collection + Pantone Universe correct + conceal palette for contouring
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘Amelie’ for highlight
- Set face with Boscia White Charcoal mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray
- Primed with Smashbox 24 hour photo finish shadow primer (my favorite. FAVORITE!!)
- Urban Decay shadow in ‘Loaded’ (top of upper wing)
- Sugarpill shadow in ‘poison plum’ (middle of upper wing + along the lower lash line)
- Inglot AMC loose pigment in’22’ (bottom of upper wing)
- Kat Von D Beauty shadows in ‘Harlow’ + ‘Wölf’ from the Ladybird palette (all over lid)
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘Amelie’ as inner corner highlight
- Inglot gel liner in ’77’ (bottom wing liner) (greatest gel liner ever!! EVER!!)
- Red Cherry lashes in ’76’
- Sephora collection kohl liner in ‘mystic purple’ (lower lash line)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty fineline ultra-skinny gel eye crayon eyeliner in ‘blacquer’
- Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade in ‘Ebony’
- Melt Cosmetics lipstick in ‘By Starlight’ (as base)
- OCC Makeup lip tar in ‘roller girl’ (just to brighten the color)
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘promiscous’ (to give the lips a bit of metallic shine)
And there you go! This was my look for the day!! I don’t work at any place fancy, just a corporate office filing and processing paperwork. So glad my bosses are completely cool with my makeup looks lol.
Let me know if you would like more look of the days posted here!!
Until next time