I know it has been a long while since my last post but I have been feeling uninspired among other things. Other things being related to
- My main job closing in a few months and the rush to get everything finished and completed before time is up.
- My son being completely just attached to me. Not that I don’t love it but it gets hard to take pictures (with my DSLR camera), type posts, and even work on my cosmetics brand without him just wanting to play. Therefore I am either up really late or just going to sleep out of exhaustion. (Though foods seems to occupy him so I was able to get out this post, barely lol)
I feel that in order to keep the blog somewhat active, I will start posting looks of the day randomly throughout the week since those will be way easier to do. Hopefully after the holiday season and work has slowed down a bit, I can work on more in-depth content, like I did before (I miss Lipstick Tuesday too!!)
Well with that said, thanks for those who stuck around, thanks to all the new and current followers, you guys are awesome!
So here is my Face of the Day
Primed my face with a combination of Becca ever matte poreless primer and Kat Von D beauty Lock-it primer.
After priming, I sprayed the Sephora Collection Perfection mist airbrush foundation (shade Deep) across my cheeks, forehead, and chin (be care to not get it in my hair). With a damp Beauty Blender, I applied Kat Von D Beauty Lock-It foundation (shade D81) with the perfection mist and blended it all over.
After the eyes were complete, I used L.A. Girl Pro Conceal – HD Concealer (shades toffee + fawn) blended out with my Beauty Blender to highlight (undereye, nose, chin, and forehead). Also with the slightly dampened Beauty Blender, I used Dermablend translucent powder to set all the highlighted areas. Then I used a velour puff with the translucent powder to lightly set my whole face.
Before I actually apply shimmer highlight and blush, I set my face using Make Up For Ever Mist + Fix Spray and patted my face down with the Beauty Blender again.
Applied NARS blush (Guoule) to cheeks. Diorskin nude shimmer brick to tops of cheeks, bridge of nose, chin, and between brows. Used Guerlain Terracotta bronzer (8 Ebony) to slightly contour the face.
To finish off my face I sprayed Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying Makeup Setting Spray all over the face. Let dry naturally.
From there I applied Smashbox photo finish 24 eyeshadow primer to my lids and used Benefit Cosmetics Goof-Proof brow pencil (shade 5) to slightly fill in my brows.
Everything used on the eyes except the mascara, lashes, and one liner are by Kat Von D Beauty
- Shadows are from Star Studded eyeshadow book: Moz was used all over the eye as a base shade | Heaven Knows was applied to the inner 2/3 of the lid | Smiths was applied to the inner crease | Leather was applied to the outer crease, outside V area for depth. Also used Estrella + Starflyer on the bottom lash line to slightly smoke out the liners.
- Top liner: Lightning Liner (Bach) | Ink liner (Nerdum)
- Bottom liner: Autograph pencil liner (immortal love + puro amor) | Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Crayon (Navy Noir)
- Lashes: Red Cherry lashes (#46 double stacked to make look thicker) | House of Lashes lash glue
- Mascara: Make Up For Ever excessive lash mascara (Honestly I rarely use mascara when wearing false lashes but figured I’d try it this round. Didn’t totally dig the result.)
Burberry Burberry Kisses Hydrating Lip Colour (No. 85 – Sepia) topped with Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick (No. 59 – Melon D’Or)
All photos taken with iPhone 6 plus front cam in natural light.
And that’s it! Honestly, this face was pretty quick about 45 minutes (it was actually longer, but I am taking out the times my son kept asking for stuff!)
Let me know what you think in the comments below!!
Hey everyone! I’m back showcasing one of the four looks that is currently trending at Sephora
First look that I chose is the smudge and smolder which pretty much is an intense smoky eye, lots of smudged out liner, I did a full eye with some color but focused on the liner as much as I could.
Here are the details:
- Giorgio Armani maestro foundation (11.5)
- Smashbox liqud halo foundation (10)
- Sephora collection colorful blush (flirt it up)
- Sephora collection bright future gel serum concealer (16 pot-de-creme)
- Kat Von D ‘medusa’ shadow as highlight
- NARS bronzer (casino)
- NARS concealer (amande)
- Kat Von D Serpentina palette shadows in ‘medusa’ ‘ankh’ ‘bloodmilk’ ‘scarab’ and loose pigment ‘prophet’
- NARS eye paint (snake eyes)
- Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof liner (perversion)
- Make Up For Ever excessive lash mascara
- Benefit cosmetics ka-brow creme (5)
- Urban Decay vice lipstick (conspiracy)
Hope you guys like this look! Stay tuned to see looks featuring Chunky Glitter, Metallic Shades, and Chaotic Lashes!!
Until next time loves!!
Hey everyone! So I’ve decided that I am going to start posting random look of the days that I think are absolutely fantastic. And that I actually got some good pics of lol!
So for today I chose a fun glitter look because I finally got some glitter glue (thanks Too Faced!!) and because I attended an awesome master class by Make Up For Ever teaching us all about the textured eye!
- Marc Jacobs genius gel foundation (84 cocoa medium)
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay foundation (Deep Honey)
- Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhance (SX14)
- NARS blush (Goulue)
- Diorskin shimmer brick
- NARS velvet shadow stick in ‘sukhothai’
- Sugarpill shadow in ‘poison plum’
- Urban Decay shadow in ‘gravity’
- Kat Von D shadows in ‘succubus’ + ‘shax’ + ‘Ludwig’
- Wet n Wild mega sparkle confetti in ‘Lilac Frosting’
- Red Cherry Lashes in ‘1’
- Sephora collection kohl liner in ‘intense black’
- Make Up For Ever pro sculpting brow in ’30’
- Dior brow pencil in ‘brown’
- Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in ‘Lolita’
- Lancôme juicy shaker in ‘berry in love’
Hope you enjoy this look and if you like for me to try other looks let me know the im the comments below!!
Some pics were taken with my iPhone 6S and Canon rebel SL1
Until next time!!
Hey everyone!! In addition to my usual Lipstick Tuesday post, I’d share my look of the day.
This look came at me last minute, last night, right before I washed my face lol. I did a rough draft with some random glitters and shadows and really like how it was coming out.
So this is the result from this morning!! These were taken with a combination of back cam and front cam from my iPhone 6S in natural light.
Break down of everything:
- Primed face with Sunday Riley Good Genes treatment
- NARS All Day luminous foundation in ‘New Orleans’ mixed with Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour full coverage foundation in ‘Deep Honey’
- NARS radiant creamy concealer in ‘Amande’ + ‘Caramel’
- NARS bronzer in ‘casino’
- NARS blush in ‘Goulue’ (an exclusive Sephora VIB Rouge Only product)
- Sephora Collection + Pantone Universe correct + conceal palette for contouring
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘Amelie’ for highlight
- Set face with Boscia White Charcoal mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray
- Primed with Smashbox 24 hour photo finish shadow primer (my favorite. FAVORITE!!)
- Urban Decay shadow in ‘Loaded’ (top of upper wing)
- Sugarpill shadow in ‘poison plum’ (middle of upper wing + along the lower lash line)
- Inglot AMC loose pigment in’22’ (bottom of upper wing)
- Kat Von D Beauty shadows in ‘Harlow’ + ‘Wölf’ from the Ladybird palette (all over lid)
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘Amelie’ as inner corner highlight
- Inglot gel liner in ’77’ (bottom wing liner) (greatest gel liner ever!! EVER!!)
- Red Cherry lashes in ’76’
- Sephora collection kohl liner in ‘mystic purple’ (lower lash line)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty fineline ultra-skinny gel eye crayon eyeliner in ‘blacquer’
- Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade in ‘Ebony’
- Melt Cosmetics lipstick in ‘By Starlight’ (as base)
- OCC Makeup lip tar in ‘roller girl’ (just to brighten the color)
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘promiscous’ (to give the lips a bit of metallic shine)
And there you go! This was my look for the day!! I don’t work at any place fancy, just a corporate office filing and processing paperwork. So glad my bosses are completely cool with my makeup looks lol.
Let me know if you would like more look of the days posted here!!
Until next time
I am back with a new Lipstick Tuesday post and this time I want to present my all time favorite matte red lipstick (seriously I’m on my third! tube of this) and it is the
Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in ‘Outlaw’
This red is an amazing red, it is vibrant and reminds me of a classic everyday red lipstick. The lipstick is classifed in color as being ‘brick red’ and I totally agree with this. I espeically love the formulation of KVD beauty liquid lipstick because it isn’t too drying, it stays in place (for the most part, doesn’t rub off when I’m eating or drinking but kissing hmmm, might be some smuding lol but only with this color.)
(I look exhausted in these photos, forgive me!)
Do you own this color? Do you love it? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time!!
Welcome back to another lipstick Tuesday post! Today I bring you one of my favorite lipstick:
Kat Von D Beauty Studded Kiss Lipstick in ‘Chula’
This lipstick came out during her last round of lipstick updates (along with ‘magick’, ‘piaf’, ‘solo’, ‘halo’, ‘planet 9’, ‘nayeon’ and a few others I cannot recall).
The color is matte, long lasting and the color is described to be rich, warm sienna red (which I would agree with). The color is a deep rustic, red color with a slight orange undertone. Not bright at all like ‘Outlaw’ or ‘Hexagram’. But the color payoff is amazing, one swipe is typically all I need to get full coverage.
I look exhausted in these photos!! But here it is in all its glory. I love this color, sometimes I pair with a brown lip liner to give it a reddish brown color.
Would I buy more? Hell yeah!! I have like 4 or 5 other shades and always seem to randomly buy a new one every few months or so.
Do you have any studded kiss lipsticks? Do you like them? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time!!
I am back with another post and this time I would like to talk about my favorite everyday eye palette. Now I love bright color just as much as the next person but some days you just want to look as effortless as possible.
That’s where a neutral eye palette come in handy and the best one ever to be made (in my opinion of course!) is the:
Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
There is a shade + light eye brush that can be purchased separately ($29 at Sephora). The brush is double ended. The dome side helps apply shadows to the contour of the eye (inner corner, crease, or even all over the lid), where as at the pointed end is to add shadows to defined areas of the eye (upper and lower lash line). The brush is made of ultra soft synthetic bristles, that have a white tip that fades into black.
Yes the case is shaped like a coffin, true Kat Von D style.
Look how beautiful it is!!!
The palette is essentially divided into three separate quads that contains a base shade, contour shade, define shade, and highlight shade. You can use the quads as one of separately among each other.
Best thing about this palette is that all the color are matte! Yes, matte, no shimmer nor shine will be found in this palette. Perfect if you’re looking to perfect your no ‘makeup’ makeup look.
The one thing that I love about the shadows is that they are very finely milled, I mean finely milled, with that said, you have to be careful not to drop the palette too often because the shadows will break on you.
The first quad is the “cool” quad
- Laetus (creamy nude) – base shade
- Samael (dusty fawn) – contour shade
- Solas (espresso brown) – definer shade
- Lucius (soft beige) – highlight shade
The second quad is the “neutral” quad
- Lazarus (cool taupe) – base shade
- Saleos (smokey brown) – contour shade (NOTE: I’ve had this palette, literally since it came out last year and a few months ago my son dropped my palette and ‘Saleos’ popped out and broke :(, the only thing left is an empty pan)
- Shax (jet black) – definer shade
- Liberatus (pinkish ivory) – highlight shade
The third quad is the “warm” quad
- Ludwig (peachy bronze) – base shade
- Succubus (rich rust) – contour shade
- Sytry (chocolate brown) – definer shade
- Latinus (golden bisque) – highlight shade
Assembling the quads into tones, helps the artist understand which shadows would be awesome for someone with that undertone. Personally I always use the warm quad the most, especially the shade ‘Succubus’ because of the richness of color it gives to my eyelids.
Here is a look I did with the warm quad and a bit of ‘Shax’ (because I love deep black and to smoke out the liner a bit).
Kat Von D Beauty lock it foundation (D72 + 74) | Lock it concealer (Deep 38) | Tattoo liner (trooper) | Everlasting liquid lipstick (double dare) | autograph pencil liner (immortal love)
Benefit Cosmetics roller lash + they’re real mascara
Sephora Collection colorful blush in ‘flirt it up’ + ‘hot flush’
Sephora + Pantone Universe correct + conceal palette (medium-deep tone; I will discuss color correcting in another post)
NARS radiant creamy concealer (caramel) | bronzer (casino) (all over face powder)
Anastasia Beverly Hills brow definer (ebony)
Guerlain terra cotta bronzer (8 ebony) (for contouring)
OCC Makeup color pencil (sybil – used as lip liner)
Until next time my dears!!