Hi! I’m back!!!
Today’s Lipstick Tuesday post is all about the limited edition NARS x SARAH MOON Mind Game Velvet Lip Glide Set.
**Currently sold out on Sephora.com**
The set contains six colors one nude (flattering for all skin tones), 3 berries, 2 red shades. Of the six shades, 3 are cult classics and 3 are limited editions.
The only gripe about this set is that the berries and reds look very similar. Honestly, it took a bit to tell the difference between No. 675 and Unspeakable. Same for Chez Claude and Plato’s.
Despite what the reviews say it DOESN’T have a gloss finish. Some reviews I read on Sephora.com claims that these lip glides have a glossy finish when in fact, they do not.
- It truly is a semi-matte finish and it truly feels like velvet on the lips.
- It kind of stains the lips after a few hours.
- Most likely would need to be reapplied throughout the day (if you want to)
- Definitely made my lips feel very soft and hydrated.
Overall, I like the set, the color stained my lips as the actual product wore off. It also left my lips feeling buttery soft, even after the color faded.
Like I said, this is NOT a lip stain, just a matte lip gloss (if that makes any sense lol).
Check out the pics down below!
First set is full face with flash!
How do you all feel about this mini set? Do you love it? Would you buy it? Do you think NARS could have done a better job?
Let me know in the comment section!
Until next time babes!
I am back, it has been too long but I have recently got some new goodies to start up my freelancing within the next year.
So first thing I bought is the Ben Nye matte HD foundation palette of olive-brown skin. They also offer it in an essential palette (color range from fair to light, ordered also will discuss in a separate post once I receive it!)
- I purchased this from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $60.00 (USD). Click here to see the site
- Fast 3 day shipping (for $2.00)
- This palette is refillable and they retail for $8.00 (USD) a pieces
- Product size of each pot is .14 oz/ 4gm
- The product comes in a silver tin, has a thick plastic sheet that goes on top of the foundation, plus a foam piece that goes on top of the plastic sheet so the founation is constantly protected.
- Coverage can range from full to sheer depending on application method.
- Great for combination and oily skin. Dry skin users can use this palette as along as they use a hydrating moisturizer and primer.
As you see from the swatches, this will work on those who have olive undertones and women of color with golden undertones also.
I have tested this foundation out for myself and I absolutely love it. It lasted all day, I did have to touch up because I have really oily skin but it lasted all the way until 1:30 am when I got off work. I received tons of compliments on this foundations and it photographs amazingly!
Ben Nye offers this foundation in a bigger size, 0.5oz/14gm, yielding 35-60 applications for $12.00 a piece. 86 shades. Literally from the fairest of skin to the deepest of skin. They have available. Check it out here. Also you can order samples from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $2.99 (USD) if you are unsure of what shade you would be. To see the samples click here
Here is a look I did using the Ben Nye Olive-Brown Matte HD palette
See how amazing this is!!!!
Face: Coca Sorbet + Mojave Bronze
Highlight: Golden Spice
Contour: Semi-Sweet + Espresso Bean
Let me know in the comments below what you think of this foundation palette! If you want more details on the look, let me know and I will do a whole post with the break down of everything I used for this look.
Until next time!!
I am back with another lipstick swatch and this time I picked up the brand new
Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick
Of all the shades available, one called out to me in particular, the color ‘Out Loud’. It is by far the most perfect burnt orange lipstick I have ever seen before in life. Now, typically for my liquid lips I am all about my Kat Von D Beauty but this comes in a close second in terms of formula and staying power. I say second because typically with my KVD Beauty liquid lips, I barely leave any residue behind (like on cans, straws, etc.) but with the Smashbox Always On Matte, I left lip prints here and there.
One thing I can say is as it dried down in color, it got deeper in color which made me love it even more.
Right now, you can pick up the Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick at Sephora for $24 (USD)
And there are the swatches (there may be a post on this look later today, keep a look out!!)
Here are photos of my lips after wearing it for a few hours,
Ok, so the photos above where taken later in the day with a different camera. The color has faded but still remains true to its deep orange hue.
All in all, I love the lipstick, the color, the formula and even the applicator. That pointed doe foot applicator will make sure you can apply the lips simply and evenly.
Have you tried this new liquid lip yet? If so do you like it? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time babes!!
I always get excited for Lipstick Tuesday!!
I will try and update these posts with newer lipsticks rather than previously released one’s.
Another Melt Cosmetics post, recently I review ‘DGAF’ and ‘Bang!Bang!’. I actually got a few of Melt lipsticks. They are super pigmented, I am talking about one swipe and it’s full on color. They are creamy, yet dries to a matte texture.
Today I bring you a grey shade called ‘Space Cake’ which suits the name very well!!
Available online through Melt Cosmetics here retailing for $19.00 (USD).
They also have a matching eyeshadow for this!! I will review that stack in another post.
Enjoy the swatches 🙂
Don’t you love a grey lip? Bold yet light and intense.
Let me know what you think in the comments below!! Also let me know what you guys would like to see more on my blog. Look of the day post? Current trends? Skincare? Tell me so I know what kind of fresh content to consistenly provide.
Until next time!!
Hey! y’all know what day it is?! Lipstick Tuesday!! Today I bring you one of my favorite color from Melt Cosmetics in the color ‘DGAF’ (which is now discontinued 😦 )
Like ‘Bang!Bang!’ this color is super, high pigmented, creamy and goes on completely matte. It doesn’t dry out my lips and sometimes I layer it with my Kat Von D everlasting liquid lipstick in ‘echo’ to really intensify the color.
Hopefully in the new couple of weeks (if it doesn’t sell out) I am going to pick up their new verison of this lip which is ‘DO ❤ GAF’ a super pretty iridescent blue with a hint of peacock blue.
But until then, enjoy these blue lips!!
Do you have a favorite blue lipstick? Which one? Let me know in the comments below!!
Until next time!!
Hey there, I am back with part 5 of my skin care favorite series. If you want, you can check my first post here, that gives a general break down of what I like to use to cleanse, treat, moisturize, protect my eyes, and hydrate my face!
Surprisingly this post is going to be short because on a daily, I only use two beauty oils, I do have a few honorable mentions but they are oils that I use every once in while when I want to try something different.
First up is Sunday Riley | Luna Sleeping Night Oil ($105.00 (USD)) available at Sephora
- Great for all skin types and helps to provide a solution for skin firmness, pore size, and wrinkles.
- Please take caution: DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!! due to the retinoids, please do not use this if you are pregnant or during the day.
- Can be used in conjunction with Good Genes to double the benefits that each product has to offer.
- Contains Trans-retinoic Acid Ester helps transform the skin without the irritation of retinol; helps exfoliate and revitalize the skin to show smoother, younger-looking skin | Blue Tansy and German Chamomile gives the oil its rich blue color and helps calm and soothe the skin to reduce the appearance of redness | Chia Seed Oil rich in omega 3 and a powerful source of alpha-lipoic acid. Also contains Avocado oil, concord grape seed oil, blood orange oil, blackberry oil. Tons of botanicals.
- This oil has seriously changed my face for the better. So much smoother, clearer and this oil has seriously reduce the size of my pores over time. I know it is pricey but a little goes a long way. I’ve had my bottle for almost a year now and I still have a quarter of it left. Typically use this every other night and usually 3-4 drops and I use it along with Good Genes for the added benefits.
Second and lastly, Tatcha | Gold Camellia Beauty Oil ($95.00 for 1 oz. (USD)) available at Sephora and Tatcha website.
- Can be used for all skin types. Take home a sample to see if it will work for you if you are unsure.
- This light and rich oil can also be used on the body and in your hair.
- Contains actual 24k gold flakes to provide a luminous glow to the face.
- Also contains Cameilla japonica seed oil and squalene that deeply hydrate and moisturize the skin | rice and macadamia nut oils provide antioxidant protections | licorice root for anti-redness benefits.
- This smells so good, like a sweet flower but not overpowering at all though. I haven’t used it in my hair so I can’t say that I see a difference in using it in my hair or not.
- I typically use this oil on days when I am not using the Luna Oil or if I need extra hydration in the morning before I apply my makeup. I haven’t sucked up one of the gold flakes yet so I cannot say it actually adds luminosity to my face.
- Josie Maran | Argan Oil – this oil is amazing, I recevied a full bottle, had used about half of it before my son, filled it with water and hid it from me. I am in need of a new one just haven’t had the time to buy it yet.
- Tarte | Maracuja Oil – I got this oil, primary to use with my foundations so that my heaviest ones wouldn’t go on so thickly. Perfect for the winter, not so much for the summer.
Do you use a beauty oil? Which one? Would you ever consider trying a beauty oil? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,
Hey everyone I am back with yet another Lipstick Tuesday post. Last week when I received my Sephora gratis, I was given a sample of a new color from Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipstick collection (click here to see my first review on the lipstick collection itself and the color ‘Molasses’).
This time I received one of their newly released colors in ‘Kale’. I really wanted to swatch this against, ‘Blow’ from Melt Cosmetics but it dried up. Literally. But still I took pics of the lipstick because it is a super pretty deep green color. One of my co-workers said she felt like swamp thing in it, so I told her to use it for Halloween, lol!
Currently available at Sephora, retailing for $26.00 (USD)
On to the swatches (I got a tripod!! So I am able to use my Canon Rebel SL1 more. These swatches were taken with that!)
I went a step further and dabbed one of my favorite Urban Decay shadows (‘Lounge’) on top for a more metallic finish
Would you guys rock this bold lipstick? Let me know in the comments below!!
Until next time