I know it has been a long while since my last post but I have been feeling uninspired among other things. Other things being related to
- My main job closing in a few months and the rush to get everything finished and completed before time is up.
- My son being completely just attached to me. Not that I don’t love it but it gets hard to take pictures (with my DSLR camera), type posts, and even work on my cosmetics brand without him just wanting to play. Therefore I am either up really late or just going to sleep out of exhaustion. (Though foods seems to occupy him so I was able to get out this post, barely lol)
I feel that in order to keep the blog somewhat active, I will start posting looks of the day randomly throughout the week since those will be way easier to do. Hopefully after the holiday season and work has slowed down a bit, I can work on more in-depth content, like I did before (I miss Lipstick Tuesday too!!)
Well with that said, thanks for those who stuck around, thanks to all the new and current followers, you guys are awesome!
So here is my Face of the Day
Primed my face with a combination of Becca ever matte poreless primer and Kat Von D beauty Lock-it primer.
After priming, I sprayed the Sephora Collection Perfection mist airbrush foundation (shade Deep) across my cheeks, forehead, and chin (be care to not get it in my hair). With a damp Beauty Blender, I applied Kat Von D Beauty Lock-It foundation (shade D81) with the perfection mist and blended it all over.
After the eyes were complete, I used L.A. Girl Pro Conceal – HD Concealer (shades toffee + fawn) blended out with my Beauty Blender to highlight (undereye, nose, chin, and forehead). Also with the slightly dampened Beauty Blender, I used Dermablend translucent powder to set all the highlighted areas. Then I used a velour puff with the translucent powder to lightly set my whole face.
Before I actually apply shimmer highlight and blush, I set my face using Make Up For Ever Mist + Fix Spray and patted my face down with the Beauty Blender again.
Applied NARS blush (Guoule) to cheeks. Diorskin nude shimmer brick to tops of cheeks, bridge of nose, chin, and between brows. Used Guerlain Terracotta bronzer (8 Ebony) to slightly contour the face.
To finish off my face I sprayed Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying Makeup Setting Spray all over the face. Let dry naturally.
From there I applied Smashbox photo finish 24 eyeshadow primer to my lids and used Benefit Cosmetics Goof-Proof brow pencil (shade 5) to slightly fill in my brows.
Everything used on the eyes except the mascara, lashes, and one liner are by Kat Von D Beauty
- Shadows are from Star Studded eyeshadow book: Moz was used all over the eye as a base shade | Heaven Knows was applied to the inner 2/3 of the lid | Smiths was applied to the inner crease | Leather was applied to the outer crease, outside V area for depth. Also used Estrella + Starflyer on the bottom lash line to slightly smoke out the liners.
- Top liner: Lightning Liner (Bach) | Ink liner (Nerdum)
- Bottom liner: Autograph pencil liner (immortal love + puro amor) | Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Crayon (Navy Noir)
- Lashes: Red Cherry lashes (#46 double stacked to make look thicker) | House of Lashes lash glue
- Mascara: Make Up For Ever excessive lash mascara (Honestly I rarely use mascara when wearing false lashes but figured I’d try it this round. Didn’t totally dig the result.)
Burberry Burberry Kisses Hydrating Lip Colour (No. 85 – Sepia) topped with Yves Saint Laurent Beauty Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick (No. 59 – Melon D’Or)
All photos taken with iPhone 6 plus front cam in natural light.
And that’s it! Honestly, this face was pretty quick about 45 minutes (it was actually longer, but I am taking out the times my son kept asking for stuff!)
Let me know what you think in the comments below!!
Hey I am back with the 6th installment of my skin care favorites series (bare with me just one more group left!!)
As always if you want a quick run down of the series, check out the main post here.
So there has been an update in regards to my favorite moisturizers. For a while, I was using Jurlique Moisture Replenishing Day Cream until I started to realize it was breaking me out, terrible. What I didn’t know was that the main ingredient was Rose Hips oil, which I am terrible sensitive too. So I cropped it out of the photo. I did receive a new moisturizer from Philosophy in which I will discuss in another post.
First up as my favorite is the Lancôme Énergie De Vie The Light Lotion-in-Oil available at Sephora
- Hydrates and mattes the skin.
- Super light, gel in texture.
- When used after the Énergie De Vie cleansing oil, it provides extra hydration and softness to the skin.
- There are two different kinds, one for dull skin (Dullness Relief & Energy Recharge Daily Lotion) and (Daily Aqua-Gel, which I think is similar to the light lotion in oil)
Next up is Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream available at Sephora
- It is my favorite!!
- Super, lightweight cream that gives a cooling sensation to the skin.
- Perfect for normal, combination, dry and sensitive skin.
- Contains two forms of hyaluronic acid and tamarind extract to help plumb and hydrate the skin. Papaya enzyme to smooth and exfoliate. Alpha-arbutin and giant white bird of paradise extract to help brighten hyperpigmentation spots and illuminate the complexion.
- Can be used a few different ways
- On top of makeup to seal in hydration and radiance
- To increase brightness, layer on top of Good Genes
- To increase hydration, use on top of Luna Sleeping night oil
Next is Ole Henriksen Sheer Moisturizer available at Sephora
- An oil-free moisturizer thats good for normal, combination, and dry skin. Though I have oily skin myself, I find it works well on my skin.
- Contains a multi-fruit AHA complex to help even the skin tone and smooth out the skins texture.
- Vitamin C to brighten, boost collagen, and firms the skin. Also provides antioxidant protection from the enviornmental damage.
- Licorice to naturally lighten dark spots and discoloration
- Pea extract and sugar to correct and prevent hyperpigmentation
- Chamomile to calm and condition the skin.
Finally is Tatcha Supple Moisture Rich Silk Cream available at Sephora and Tatcha wesbite.
- Good for normal, combination, and dry skin types.
- Super lightweight, gel cream that literally feels like silk on the face.
- Infused with an antiaging complex of green tea extract, for antioxidant protection, Okinawa red algae extract for moisture retention and texture, and Japanese rice bran extract, a multi-tasking ingredient focused on providing antioxidant and nourishing moisturizing benefts.
So this concludes my favorite moisturizers at the moment. Stay tune to read my final entry to my Skin Care Favorite series, eye creams!
Until next time,
Hey everyone I am back with another look featuring the new Modern Renaissance Palette from Anastaisa Beverly Hills and Lancôme Juicy Shakers lip gloss (there will be a future Lipstick Tuesday post about this one).
- Esteè Lauder double wear foundation in Sandalwood (6W1)
- NARS radiant creamy concealer in Amande + Caramel
- NARS blush in Goulue
- Guerlain terracotta bronzer in ebony (8)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills modern renaissance palette shadows in ‘warm taupe’ ‘golden ochre’ ‘love letter’ ‘regalar’ ‘cyprus umber’ ‘Tempera’ ‘Vermeer’
- Kat Von D Beauty tattoo liner ‘trooper’
- Sephora Collection kohl liner in ‘deep brown’
- Red Cherry Lashes in ‘227’
- Lancôme Sourclis Tint – Longwear Eyebrow Pen Ultra-Precise in ‘Noir (04)’
- Lancôme Juicy Shaker in ‘Berry in Love’
Hopefully soon, I will some video tutorials up, even if they are a quick minute or two.
Hope you like it!!
Until next time,
Hey everyone!! In addition to my usual Lipstick Tuesday post, I’d share my look of the day.
This look came at me last minute, last night, right before I washed my face lol. I did a rough draft with some random glitters and shadows and really like how it was coming out.
So this is the result from this morning!! These were taken with a combination of back cam and front cam from my iPhone 6S in natural light.
Break down of everything:
- Primed face with Sunday Riley Good Genes treatment
- NARS All Day luminous foundation in ‘New Orleans’ mixed with Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-hour full coverage foundation in ‘Deep Honey’
- NARS radiant creamy concealer in ‘Amande’ + ‘Caramel’
- NARS bronzer in ‘casino’
- NARS blush in ‘Goulue’ (an exclusive Sephora VIB Rouge Only product)
- Sephora Collection + Pantone Universe correct + conceal palette for contouring
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘Amelie’ for highlight
- Set face with Boscia White Charcoal mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray
- Primed with Smashbox 24 hour photo finish shadow primer (my favorite. FAVORITE!!)
- Urban Decay shadow in ‘Loaded’ (top of upper wing)
- Sugarpill shadow in ‘poison plum’ (middle of upper wing + along the lower lash line)
- Inglot AMC loose pigment in’22’ (bottom of upper wing)
- Kat Von D Beauty shadows in ‘Harlow’ + ‘Wölf’ from the Ladybird palette (all over lid)
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘Amelie’ as inner corner highlight
- Inglot gel liner in ’77’ (bottom wing liner) (greatest gel liner ever!! EVER!!)
- Red Cherry lashes in ’76’
- Sephora collection kohl liner in ‘mystic purple’ (lower lash line)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty fineline ultra-skinny gel eye crayon eyeliner in ‘blacquer’
- Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade in ‘Ebony’
- Melt Cosmetics lipstick in ‘By Starlight’ (as base)
- OCC Makeup lip tar in ‘roller girl’ (just to brighten the color)
- Melt Cosmetics shadow in ‘promiscous’ (to give the lips a bit of metallic shine)
And there you go! This was my look for the day!! I don’t work at any place fancy, just a corporate office filing and processing paperwork. So glad my bosses are completely cool with my makeup looks lol.
Let me know if you would like more look of the days posted here!!
Until next time
Hey everyone, I am back with the continuation of my skin care favorites and how they have transformed my face for the better. To get a general idea of what my favorite are click the link here to check it all out.
Unforturantly…I don’t have to many makeup free selfies of what my skin was before I started using serum’s and such (sorry!!!) but these products are awesome believe me!
Typically after cleansing your face, you are either going to use a mask/scrub or you are going to head straight into serum’s. Serum’s are essentially deep concentrated ingredients, such as vitamins C and E, retinol, hyrolaunic acid, alpha hydroxy acid (AHAs), beta hydroxy acid (BHAs), and etc. to penetrate the skin on a deeper level and even in some cases help boost effectiveness of the moisturizer used on top of it. They are used to mainly target particular concerns such as wrinkles, unwanted lines, hyperpigmentation/discoloration, and the current state of the skin (dryness or oilness).
So here is a list of my favorite serum’s and why!
First up is Ole Henrisken | Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil ($45.00 (USD) 1 oz)
- This product along with the truth serum collagen booster is amazing. Used it twice a day for about 2 months and noticed that all my acne scars literally got so light I could barely see them.
- 4 ingredients, literally: Rosehip Seed Oil, Tangerine Peel Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) (Despite my sensitivity to rosehips, this didn’t cause any adverse reactions to my face)
- Contains vitamin A for natural cell renewal | vitamin C to help brighten, provide antioxidant protection and supports natural collagen production | omega 3, 6, and 9 to nourish and hydrate; also provides anti-inflammatory properties | vitamin E to heal scars and burns.
- The smell is a mix of roses and oranges (if that makes any sense). It didn’t bother me much but some people don’t like it.
Next up is Ole Henriksen | Truth Serum Collagen Booster ( $48.00 (USD) 1 oz or $72.00 (USD) 1.7 oz)
- Great for all skin types and when used along with the Pure Truth Activating Oil, the benefits are multiplied.
- Contains 5 source Vitamin C complex to brighten, boost collagen, reduce appearance of fines and protects from free radical change | Green tea extract to soothe and protect | Sodium Hyaluronate to replenish lost hydration and bind moisture to the skin | Vitamin E to heal, restore, and nourish.
- Weightless and fast absorbing into the skin which makes it perfect serum for applying before your makeup.
- The smell isn’t too bad but it does have a slight citrus smell.
Next serum that I love is Sunday Riley | Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment ($105.00 (USD) 1 oz)
- Literally one of the most expensive full size face product I own but it has been worth it. Especially when used with the Luna Sleeping Night Oil.
- Great for all skin types.
- This product can actually be used in multiple ways.
- By itself (even as a face primer)
- Under Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream to help stubborn hyperpigmentation
- On top of Luna Sleeping Night Oil for antiaging radiance
- Combined with Cermaic Slip cleaner to be used as a ‘flash facial mask’ to give you a deep detox facial
- Contains Purified Grade, Unneutralize Lactic Acid 5% for brightening hyperpigmentation, plumps the looks for fine lines, exfoliate dead skin cells to help prevent future breakouts | Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) to naturally brighten the appearance of hyperpigmentation | Lemongrass helps boost radiance | Aloe to soothe the skin (does really cool the skin)
- It has a smell, not very pleasant but it doesn’t last long. Grab a sample for getting to see if you can tolerate the smell.
Next is Tatcha | Luminous Overnight Memory Serum Concentrate ($110.00 (USD) 1.7 oz)
- The texture of this is very different, sort of gel like but super cooling once applied to the face. This product is meant to help boost skin radiance for a youthful-looking glow overnight. My face looks amazing the next morning after using this.
- A little bit goes a long way, so even though it is pricey, I am sure this product will last a full 12 months.
- Contains ultra-concentrated red algae to help hydrate the skin deeply | 7 rich botanical extracts: squalane from olive fruit, green tea, wild thyme, ginseng root, licorice root, sweet marjoram, and jujube fruit to help improve skin clarity, texture and tone | HADASEI-3 ™ which is Tatcha’s antiaginig blend of green tea, rice bran, and red algae to restore and product youthful radiance.
- It is a sweet, clean smell. Nothing to irritating.
Final product is Ole Henriksen | Invigorating Night Treatment ($48.00 (USD) 1 oz)
- This night gel really helps clear up any breakouts I am currently experiencing.
- Supports natual cell turnover, improves skin apperance against fine lines and wrinkles, and smooths texture of the skin.
- Contains AHA complex to help cell renewal, diminsh fine lines and wrinkles, smooth skin texture and minimize blemishes | Algae extract to nourish the skin | Mucopolysaccharides to bind moisture to the skin.
- Doesn’t have a noticeable strong smell. Smells sort of like aloe vera.
This conlucde my favorite serums.
Do you have any favorite serums you use? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time
Welcome back everyone! Today I am going to continue to discuss my skin care favorites mentioned here.
Masks and scrubs are a great way to exfoliate the skin and to allow deep the product to really draw up all impurities that typically aren’t reach by cleansers on a daily basis. Now typically, I use scrubs about twice a week and I use a mask about once a week. It honestly depends on the condition of my skin for the day.
A good mask can really help detoxify the skin and draw up and excess gunk that may have built up in the pores.
A good scrub can slosh away all the excess dead skin and reveal new, fresh, baby soft skin.
None of the scrubs/masks mentioned here remove makeup. You must have a freshly cleansed or makeup free face to use these products. So they would be excellent for mornings before applying makeup or a sunday afternoon skin detox session (something I personally do).
These are my absolute favorite masks and cleansers.
First up is Ole Henriksen | Truth Sugar Glow Polishing Mask (Available at Sephora in-store and online) for $42.00 (USD)
- This mask contains Raw sugar and pomegranate seeds to polish and exfoliate the skin | Honey to nourish and hydrate | Rose hips to brighten and rejuvenate with vitamins A and C and omegas 3 and 6
- Award winning!!! SELF Beauty Award winner for Best Brightening Scrub (2016)
- Smells amazing (do not eat though, it may have raw sugar and honey but it’s bitter as hell).
- I personally only use this twice a month or so. Because my face is sensitive to rose hips, I can’t use it three to four times a week as recommended. But it does leave my skin feeling super smooth and soft after using it.
Next up is LUSH Ocean Salt Face and Body scrub (Available at LUSH in-store and online) for $21.95 (4.2 oz) and $36.95 (8.8 oz)
- The mix of Sea salt to scrub away dirt and dead skin | coconut and avocado to hydrate the skin | lime and vodka to clean out blocked pores, blackheads and blemishes.
- This scrub DOES NOT remove makeup. You have to have a makeup free or freshly cleansed face to use this product.
- The scrub can create a slight burning, tingle sensation depending on how sensitive your face after you have initially cleansed your face with a liquid cleanser. This not product is NOT good for sensitive skin. Best for oily and dull skin. Dry skin people should use this sparingly (like once a month).
- Smells like a margarita. The salt, vodka, and lime are very predominate scents in the product.
Next is Peter Thomas Roth | Pumpkin Enzyme Mask (available at Sephora in-store and online) for $58.00 (USD)
- This is a three-in-one treatment that used pumpkin enzyme to exfoliate the skin | alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) as a gentle peel for the skin | aluminum oxide crystals to polish the skin.
- After the first use I noticed brighter, smoother skin.
- It smells like pumpkin pie (so serious though)
- From a few reviews, I heard that it can go bad a few 6 months or so due to the pumpkin enzyme.
- Good for those with normal to oily skin. sensitive skin users might not like the tingle sensation from the AHAs though so I would recommend getting a sample first before splurging on the full size product.
Lastly is Tatcha | Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder (Available at Sephora in-store and online) for $15.00 (.35 oz) and $65.00 (2.1 oz)
- Perfect for normal to combination skin types. Can be used as a daily exfoliation scrub. The product itself are tiny grains that you mix with water to produce a paste/creamy foam.
- Helps reduce pore size, even out the skin tone, and even out the texture of the skin .
- This enzyme powder can be used in conjunction with Pure One step camellia cleansing oil.
- Formulated with Japanese rice bran blended with papaya extract to reduce the look of fines and addresses the issue of uneven skintone, hyperpigmentation, and break outs | Peal protein extract to condition and balance the skin while natural exfoliants polish away dull, dry skin.
- Smells like rice. Just straight up rice.
There you have it, my favorite masks and scrubs with a few important facts about each of them.
Have you tried any of these? Which scrub or mask is your personal favorite? Let ,me know in the comments below!
Until next time
I am back with another review and this time it is the new Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector in ‘DARK’. This product was a part of my monthly gratis allotment from my job.
What it does (excrept from Sephora.com)
Instantly blur imperfections and even out skintone, and achieve gorgeous skin that appears effortlessly perfected. With Urban Decay’s Naked Skin One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector, you’ll reap the benefits of skin treatment and SPF 20 protection with the coverage of a sheer foundation. There’s no need for foundation—one step and you’re done. The innovative, lightweight formula provides more coverage, hydration, and optical blurring than a BB or CC cream. It transforms the look of your skin with light-diffusing spheres so that flaws seem to disappear. Over time, pores appear smaller and skin looks noticeably firmer and more radiant. With a range of shades to cover a wide spectrum of skin tones, this oil-free formula is infused with nourishing ingredients (including peptides, vitamins and moisturizers). Sourced from the wu zhu yu plant, Gatuline® Radiances improve the look of radiance, tone, and texture.
All that is true! Definitly evened out my skin tone and blurred any imperfections I have, a total plus for me. In my opnion its feels like a cross between a BB/CC cream and a lightweight foundation. Perfect for those no makeup makeup look days.
There is one con, the color that was selected for me was not exactly perfect. The product contains a fair amount of zinc oxide + octinoxate. Obviously, the combonation of these items makes me look way lighter than I actually am. I may pick up a sample of ‘deep’ to compare the two shades and see which one would be a best fit.
These photos were taken indoors, in front of a window with a fair amount of natual light. No flash, no front cam, iPhone 6S.
Great thing though, I can mix the product with my Cover FX custom color drops to make it much more wearable.
I love Urban Decay products, I truly do, but typically I stay away from their facial products. It’s always hard for me to find the right shade without mixing two shades together.
Have you tried the One & Done complexion perfector? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments below!!
Until next time!!