I am back, it has been too long but I have recently got some new goodies to start up my freelancing within the next year.
So first thing I bought is the Ben Nye matte HD foundation palette of olive-brown skin. They also offer it in an essential palette (color range from fair to light, ordered also will discuss in a separate post once I receive it!)
- I purchased this from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $60.00 (USD). Click here to see the site
- Fast 3 day shipping (for $2.00)
- This palette is refillable and they retail for $8.00 (USD) a pieces
- Product size of each pot is .14 oz/ 4gm
- The product comes in a silver tin, has a thick plastic sheet that goes on top of the foundation, plus a foam piece that goes on top of the plastic sheet so the founation is constantly protected.
- Coverage can range from full to sheer depending on application method.
- Great for combination and oily skin. Dry skin users can use this palette as along as they use a hydrating moisturizer and primer.
As you see from the swatches, this will work on those who have olive undertones and women of color with golden undertones also.
I have tested this foundation out for myself and I absolutely love it. It lasted all day, I did have to touch up because I have really oily skin but it lasted all the way until 1:30 am when I got off work. I received tons of compliments on this foundations and it photographs amazingly!
Ben Nye offers this foundation in a bigger size, 0.5oz/14gm, yielding 35-60 applications for $12.00 a piece. 86 shades. Literally from the fairest of skin to the deepest of skin. They have available. Check it out here. Also you can order samples from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $2.99 (USD) if you are unsure of what shade you would be. To see the samples click here
Here is a look I did using the Ben Nye Olive-Brown Matte HD palette
See how amazing this is!!!!
Face: Coca Sorbet + Mojave Bronze
Highlight: Golden Spice
Contour: Semi-Sweet + Espresso Bean
Let me know in the comments below what you think of this foundation palette! If you want more details on the look, let me know and I will do a whole post with the break down of everything I used for this look.
Until next time!!