Hey there, I am back with part 5 of my skin care favorite series. If you want, you can check my first post here, that gives a general break down of what I like to use to cleanse, treat, moisturize, protect my eyes, and hydrate my face!
Surprisingly this post is going to be short because on a daily, I only use two beauty oils, I do have a few honorable mentions but they are oils that I use every once in while when I want to try something different.
First up is Sunday Riley | Luna Sleeping Night Oil ($105.00 (USD)) available at Sephora
- Great for all skin types and helps to provide a solution for skin firmness, pore size, and wrinkles.
- Please take caution: DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!! due to the retinoids, please do not use this if you are pregnant or during the day.
- Can be used in conjunction with Good Genes to double the benefits that each product has to offer.
- Contains Trans-retinoic Acid Ester helps transform the skin without the irritation of retinol; helps exfoliate and revitalize the skin to show smoother, younger-looking skin | Blue Tansy and German Chamomile gives the oil its rich blue color and helps calm and soothe the skin to reduce the appearance of redness | Chia Seed Oil rich in omega 3 and a powerful source of alpha-lipoic acid. Also contains Avocado oil, concord grape seed oil, blood orange oil, blackberry oil. Tons of botanicals.
- This oil has seriously changed my face for the better. So much smoother, clearer and this oil has seriously reduce the size of my pores over time. I know it is pricey but a little goes a long way. I’ve had my bottle for almost a year now and I still have a quarter of it left. Typically use this every other night and usually 3-4 drops and I use it along with Good Genes for the added benefits.
Second and lastly, Tatcha | Gold Camellia Beauty Oil ($95.00 for 1 oz. (USD)) available at Sephora and Tatcha website.
- Can be used for all skin types. Take home a sample to see if it will work for you if you are unsure.
- This light and rich oil can also be used on the body and in your hair.
- Contains actual 24k gold flakes to provide a luminous glow to the face.
- Also contains Cameilla japonica seed oil and squalene that deeply hydrate and moisturize the skin | rice and macadamia nut oils provide antioxidant protections | licorice root for anti-redness benefits.
- This smells so good, like a sweet flower but not overpowering at all though. I haven’t used it in my hair so I can’t say that I see a difference in using it in my hair or not.
- I typically use this oil on days when I am not using the Luna Oil or if I need extra hydration in the morning before I apply my makeup. I haven’t sucked up one of the gold flakes yet so I cannot say it actually adds luminosity to my face.
- Josie Maran | Argan Oil – this oil is amazing, I recevied a full bottle, had used about half of it before my son, filled it with water and hid it from me. I am in need of a new one just haven’t had the time to buy it yet.
- Tarte | Maracuja Oil – I got this oil, primary to use with my foundations so that my heaviest ones wouldn’t go on so thickly. Perfect for the winter, not so much for the summer.
Do you use a beauty oil? Which one? Would you ever consider trying a beauty oil? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time,