Hey everyone, I am back with the continuation of my skin care favorites and how they have transformed my face for the better. To get a general idea of what my favorite are click the link here to check it all out.
Unforturantly…I don’t have to many makeup free selfies of what my skin was before I started using serum’s and such (sorry!!!) but these products are awesome believe me!
Typically after cleansing your face, you are either going to use a mask/scrub or you are going to head straight into serum’s. Serum’s are essentially deep concentrated ingredients, such as vitamins C and E, retinol, hyrolaunic acid, alpha hydroxy acid (AHAs), beta hydroxy acid (BHAs), and etc. to penetrate the skin on a deeper level and even in some cases help boost effectiveness of the moisturizer used on top of it. They are used to mainly target particular concerns such as wrinkles, unwanted lines, hyperpigmentation/discoloration, and the current state of the skin (dryness or oilness).
So here is a list of my favorite serum’s and why!
First up is Ole Henrisken | Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil ($45.00 (USD) 1 oz)
- This product along with the truth serum collagen booster is amazing. Used it twice a day for about 2 months and noticed that all my acne scars literally got so light I could barely see them.
- 4 ingredients, literally: Rosehip Seed Oil, Tangerine Peel Oil, Lemongrass Oil, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E) (Despite my sensitivity to rosehips, this didn’t cause any adverse reactions to my face)
- Contains vitamin A for natural cell renewal | vitamin C to help brighten, provide antioxidant protection and supports natural collagen production | omega 3, 6, and 9 to nourish and hydrate; also provides anti-inflammatory properties | vitamin E to heal scars and burns.
- The smell is a mix of roses and oranges (if that makes any sense). It didn’t bother me much but some people don’t like it.
Next up is Ole Henriksen | Truth Serum Collagen Booster ( $48.00 (USD) 1 oz or $72.00 (USD) 1.7 oz)
- Great for all skin types and when used along with the Pure Truth Activating Oil, the benefits are multiplied.
- Contains 5 source Vitamin C complex to brighten, boost collagen, reduce appearance of fines and protects from free radical change | Green tea extract to soothe and protect | Sodium Hyaluronate to replenish lost hydration and bind moisture to the skin | Vitamin E to heal, restore, and nourish.
- Weightless and fast absorbing into the skin which makes it perfect serum for applying before your makeup.
- The smell isn’t too bad but it does have a slight citrus smell.
Next serum that I love is Sunday Riley | Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment ($105.00 (USD) 1 oz)
- Literally one of the most expensive full size face product I own but it has been worth it. Especially when used with the Luna Sleeping Night Oil.
- Great for all skin types.
- This product can actually be used in multiple ways.
- By itself (even as a face primer)
- Under Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream to help stubborn hyperpigmentation
- On top of Luna Sleeping Night Oil for antiaging radiance
- Combined with Cermaic Slip cleaner to be used as a ‘flash facial mask’ to give you a deep detox facial
- Contains Purified Grade, Unneutralize Lactic Acid 5% for brightening hyperpigmentation, plumps the looks for fine lines, exfoliate dead skin cells to help prevent future breakouts | Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) to naturally brighten the appearance of hyperpigmentation | Lemongrass helps boost radiance | Aloe to soothe the skin (does really cool the skin)
- It has a smell, not very pleasant but it doesn’t last long. Grab a sample for getting to see if you can tolerate the smell.
Next is Tatcha | Luminous Overnight Memory Serum Concentrate ($110.00 (USD) 1.7 oz)
- The texture of this is very different, sort of gel like but super cooling once applied to the face. This product is meant to help boost skin radiance for a youthful-looking glow overnight. My face looks amazing the next morning after using this.
- A little bit goes a long way, so even though it is pricey, I am sure this product will last a full 12 months.
- Contains ultra-concentrated red algae to help hydrate the skin deeply | 7 rich botanical extracts: squalane from olive fruit, green tea, wild thyme, ginseng root, licorice root, sweet marjoram, and jujube fruit to help improve skin clarity, texture and tone | HADASEI-3 ™ which is Tatcha’s antiaginig blend of green tea, rice bran, and red algae to restore and product youthful radiance.
- It is a sweet, clean smell. Nothing to irritating.
Final product is Ole Henriksen | Invigorating Night Treatment ($48.00 (USD) 1 oz)
- This night gel really helps clear up any breakouts I am currently experiencing.
- Supports natual cell turnover, improves skin apperance against fine lines and wrinkles, and smooths texture of the skin.
- Contains AHA complex to help cell renewal, diminsh fine lines and wrinkles, smooth skin texture and minimize blemishes | Algae extract to nourish the skin | Mucopolysaccharides to bind moisture to the skin.
- Doesn’t have a noticeable strong smell. Smells sort of like aloe vera.
This conlucde my favorite serums.
Do you have any favorite serums you use? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time